Wazobia African Market and this website complies with the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which came into effect in May 2018.
1. What we Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Wazobia African Market Website including name, contact details and demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- pre-order and order details;
- any correspondence between you and us;
- any surveys that we may ask you to complete;
- details of your visits to the Wazobia African Market Website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise;
- information about your purchases made via the Wazobia African Market Website.
2. What we do with the Information We Gather
We use this information to understand your needs and to provide you with the best service possible. In particular, we use this information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service of fulfilling orders placed on our website
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to improve the products and services we provide;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products, menu changes or services that may interest you or them;
- to send you promotional emails, postal mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you;
- to contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons;
- for our own internal records.
3. How long we keep information
We keep information for as long as necessary to comply with legislation or to fulfill the purpose for which we collected the information. Order data is currently kept for 7 years according to legal requirements and this timescale will change in line with any new directives.
4.1 What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer(s) hard drive that track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of the website. This allows us, through our server, to provide you with a tailored experience within this website.
You are advised that if you wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on your computer’s hard drive you should take necessary steps within your web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon your first visit.
The cookies on this website are either set by us or by our third party partners and fall into the following categories:
We want to ensure we provide a good experience. These cookies (which are set by third parties providing services to us) allow us to monitor how visitors use our website. These cookies provide us with anonymous statistics on how many people visit the website and where they have come from and the pages they visit so that we can continue to develop and improve the website and our services. They also help us understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Third Party Description
Google Ads Tracking of pay-per-click advertising conversion http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Google Analytics Collects statistical information about how you use the site so that we can improve the site http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Interest-based advertising
These cookies allow third parties to identify what you find popular, allowing a more personalized and relevant selection of advertisements to be displayed when you browse the internet. They normally won’t just be from us, but build an overall, but anonymous, picture of an individual’s preferences based on how they have browsed the internet, in order to deliver more relevant advertising. You may see interest-based advertising on this website, but also on third party websites which use information collected about your browsing activity on this website.
- Third Party Description
Google Ads – Manages display advertising around the site, and gathering data for targeted advertising http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Google Analytics Remarketing – Collects statistical information for display and search retargeting. http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting – Anonymous demographic data and interest targeting to serve online advertisements. http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
Facebook – Gathers data on pages viewed and actions completed to make property recommendations via advertisements when browsing Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Please note that if you adjust your internet browser settings to refuse the setting of cookies, you may not be able to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of the website.
4.3 Cookies and browser settings
The help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
5. Links to other Websites
6. Website Visitor Tracking
We use tracking software to monitor our visitors to better understand how you use the website. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
7. Contact & Communication With Us
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We only use the data you provide to us directly for this purpose. We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We engage in direct marketing – such as emails, postal mailings, SMS and telemarketing activities with people who have previously bought products from us, or who have registered with us through the site, competitions, or newsletters and this is in our legitimate interests. We will offer a way out of receiving such marketing activities in marketing communication sent.
We may also send out postal marketing for the purpose of growing our sales which is in our legitimate interests and in this scenario we will rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing.
We may also send SMS alerts or make telephone calls, in this scenario we will also rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing.
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent (which you may withdraw at any time).
9. Email Mailing List
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe to an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in this policy. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
Our EMS (email marketing service) provider is MailChimp. To learn about their privacy policies please visit their website on www.mailchimp.com.
10. Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conducts themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms you are advised to verify the authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for your passwords or personal details on social media platforms. You are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media. There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. If you have questions or concerns about how the social media platform uses your data, we recommend checking with them directly.
11. Controlling your personal information
- In the event that we sell any of Wazobia African Market business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If Wazobia African Market or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Wazobia African Market about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You may make a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 for details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide to us are correct and complete. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Wazobia African Market
16203 Westheimer Road,
Suite 160 Houston,