Store/Restaurant/Kitchen within a District
Assistant Store Manager / Assistant Restaurant Manager / Kitchen Restaurant or Senior Supervisor
Reporting relationship is:
1. Close (i.e.: same office)
- Internal: District Manager, Store Manager, Country Management Team; Logistics Teams, Supervisors
- External: Customers, Contractors, Suppliers;
Function: Ensures day to day smooth running of own area within the store.
1. Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- Ensure the store/kitchen is compliant to all applicable retail Policies and HSSE Standards.
2. Operational and Service Standards:
- Ensure customers are at the heart of everything that they do at the store.
- Ensure store is compliant to the defined minimum Retail Service and Standards as documented in the store audit checklist.
- Organize workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Ensure professional implementation of Wazobia Customer Value propositions
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with Wazobia’s plans and vision.
- Responsible for ensuring the performance of own area against all associated KPI’s.
- Monitor employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
- Works with District Managers to collaboratively develop current financial year business plan in order to sustain and grow the profitable future of the store.
|Customers First||Ensure Store and Service standards meet at least the minimum requirement with an optimized level of well-trained staff||Lead allocated staff to ensure adherence to standards and closure of audit gaps.|
|Marketing||Ensure that the store/restaurant always has the highest level of Wazobia marketing activities implemented, e.g. promotions are current, well understood and are implemented as per the brief.|
|Operational Excellence||Task Assignment & Follow up||Ensure tasks are effectively delegated, allocated and delivered.Ensure prompt follow-up to as certain tasks have been completed.|
|Customer Relationship Management||Ensure own areas’ readiness to serve customers. (people, equipment, VI, maintenance, Safety.)|
|HSSE discussion with site staff + Safe handling of goods||Take full responsibility for all HSSE matters at own area. Engage and seek the guidance and assistance of the right personnel as required.|
|Effective and Motivated Teams||Training and coaching of Store staff||Dedicating time for coaching and training and development of staff. This is a key function.|
Guiding of staff on their individual and collective targets
Ensure staff are fully engaged on relevant targets and provide feedback to them in a structured and professional way about their performance.
Ensure staff perform at the required level and are recognised and rewarded as per agreed programs.
- Diploma/Certificate in first line management or relevant field
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in management or relevant discipline will be considered an advantage
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
- Proven record of good project management skills.
- Significant Retail experience.
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions especially for stackers, cashiers, restaurant supports
- Ability to work long shifts.
Skills and competencies:
- Fluent in local business language
- Proficient in English is desirable
- Customer Relationship Management
- Standards Office Software (Text/Spreadsheets/e-mail)
- Identify and understand customer’s needs
- Result oriented
- Merchandising, facing
- Food handling and safety
- Setting realistic and clear targets
- Conflict Management
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
- Results driven:
- Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
- Planning, organizing, implementing:
- Tasks and processes driven
- Collaborating with others
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally. Written & oral)
- Effective follower of leader and standards