Salary:From $12 an hour
Store within a District
Reporting relationship is:
1. Close (i.e.: same office)
- Internal: CEO; District Manager, Country Management Team; HR; Finance; Logistics Teams
- External: Customers, Regulatory Authorities, Contractors, Brand partners, Suppliers; Landlords/owners;
Function: Provides leadership and direction to the store management team (assistant managers and supervisors)
1. Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- Ensure the store is compliant to all applicable retail Policies and HSSE Standards.
2. Operational and Service Standards:
- Create the conditions with District Manager, CEO and other relevant stakeholders that will put the customers at the heart of everything that they do at the store.
- Ensure store is compliant to the defined minimum Retail Service and Standards as documented in the store audit checklist.
- Ensure professional implementation of Wazobia Customer Value propositions
- Responsible for ensuring the performance of the store against all associated KPI’s. Accountable for the delivery of the store P&Ls.
- Works with District Managers to collaboratively develop current financial year business plan in order to sustain and grow the profitable future of the store.
|Customers First||Ensure Store and Service standards meet at least the minimum requirement with an optimized level of well-trained staff||Analysis the latest Retail Standards/audit Score. Follow the existing action plans and set new action plans for the next cycle. Ensure the store have the correct level of staff for the stores|
|Marketing||Ensure that the store always has the highest level of Wazobia marketing activities implemented, e.g. promotions are current, well understood and are implemented as per the brief.|
|Competitor Intelligence||Mapping and adapting as necessary to what competitors do in the area.|
|Operational Excellence||Stock reconciliation||Ensure we can account for the stock movements during the month, identifying loss through leaks or short deliveries etc.|
|Task Follow up (previous not closed)||Agree action plan with the supervisors for follow up|
|Customer Relationship Management (CRM)???||Fully use available sources (CRM tool) to assess and measure the store standards and readiness to serve customers. (people, equipment, VI, maintenance, Safety.)|
|HSSE discussion with site staff + Safe handling of goods||Take full responsibility for all HSSE matters at the store. Engage and seek the guidance and assistance of the right personnel as required.|
|Store Business Plan||Develop a fit for purpose business plan for store in alignment with District Manager’s recommendations.|
|Effective and Motivated Teams||Training and coaching of Store staff||Dedicating time for coaching and training of the store staff.|
|Guiding of staff on their individual and collective targets||
Ensure Store staff are fully engaged on store targets and provide feedback to them in a structured and professional way about their performance.
Ensure staff perform at the required level, are recognised and rewarded as per agreed programs.
|Wining Retail – Performance||Store Profitability||
Analyse P&L by item to identify income or cost levers to improve the performance of store
- Undergraduate University degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar positions or relevant role.
- Significant Retail experience.
- Proven record of good project management skills.
- Solid food and staples retailing knowledge especially to the African demography
Skills and competencies:
- Fluent in local business language
- Proficient in English is desirable
- Customer Relationship Management
- Stock control and management
- Standards Office Software (Text/Spreadsheets/e-mail)
- Sales follow-up
- Assessing risks in the workplace
- In-store sales
- Identify and understand customer’s needs
- Result oriented
- Strong commercial acumen
- Merchandising, facing
- Business Planning
- Result analysis/Performance
- Market Analysis
- Setting realistic and clear targets
- Conflict Management
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
- Results driven:
- Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
- Planning, organizing, implementing:
- Tasks and processes driven
- Collaborating with others
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally. Written & oral)
- Effective follower of leader and standards