- Internal: CEO; Country Management Team; HR; Finance; Logistics Teams
- External: Regulatory Authorities, new candidates
Function: Responsible for all the HR activities taking place across Wazobia including but not limited to hiring, performance management, employees training, employees and industry relations.
- 1. Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- Ensure all stores within the geographical portfolio are compliant to all applicable retail Policies and HSSE Standards.
- 2. Operational and Service Standards:
- Create the conditions with District Manager, Store Managers, CEO and other relevant stakeholders that will put the customers at the heart of everything that they do.
- Ensure all stores within the geographical portfolio are compliant to the defined minimum Retail Service and Standards as documented in the store audit checklist.
- Ensure professional implementation of Wazobia Customer Value propositions
- 3. Performance
- Monitor employee’s performance regularly in partnership with managers.
- Create performance management evaluation programs for the teams belonging to various departments.
- In conjunction with District Manager, track the performance of stores against all associated KPI’s. Accountable for the delivery of the Wazobia stores P&Ls.
- Ensure staff are equipped with the right knowledge and a work environment that drives the achievement of business goals.
|Support the CEO to ensure Store and Service standards meet at least the minimum requirement with an optimized level of well-trained staff
|Analysis the latest Retail Standards/audit Score. Follow the existing action plans and set new action plans for the next cycle. Ensure Store Managers have the correct level of staff for the stores
|Ensure continuous improvement of customer service standards at all our customer touch points
|Partnering with managers and external providers to ensure service trainings and coaching are adequate for all staff.
|Identifying the hiring needs of our company.
Carrying out the entire recruitment process from beginning diligently.
Crafting job requirements and descriptions for all positions in the retail department.
Creating and posting job ads on various platforms to attract qualified and skilled candidates.
|Task Follow up
|Active follow up on all open tasks to ensure effective completion
|Effective and Motivated Teams
|Training and coaching staff
|Conducting orientation, training and development programs for new hires.
Ensure all staff are effectively coached and trained.
|Ensure staff are fully engaged on store targets and they get feedback from the Managers in a structured and professional way of their performance.
Ensure staff perform at the required level, are recognised and rewarded as per agreed programs.
Evaluating the performance of retail staff and providing the necessary feedback.
|Legal and commercial review of contracts
|Ensure all contracts are up to date and licenses to operate are current. Ensure all renewals are timeously exercised.
|Compensation & Governance
|Creating attractive compensation packages and benefits programs for open job positions.
Managing employee records and payroll data of all retail staff.
|Coordinating with Store Manager and other HR professionals.
Ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed by the employees
Ensuring discipline at work and managing consequences
|Researching about the new trends and advancements in the human resources field.
|Attend social events on behalf of Wazobia and participate in all Wazobia as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Organizational Behavior or relevant field.
- PHR certification – preferable.
- Proven +3 years of experience working as a Retail HR Manager or a similar role in the Retail Department.
Skills and competencies :
- Good knowledge of labor and employment laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Retail HR Software
- Strong understanding of HR functions, methods, strategies, procedures, and policies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Good presentation and consulting abilities.
- Fluent in local business language
- Proficient in English is desirable
- Customer Relationship Management
- Result analysis/Performance
- Setting realistic and clear targets
- Conflict Management & Resolution
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
- Results driven:
- Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
- Planning and organizing:
- Acts in accordance with Values, Principles and standards
- Collaborating with others