- Internal: CEO; Country Management Team; HR; Finance; Logistics Teams
- External: Regulatory Authorities, new candidates
Function: Provide HR administrative support and act as a first point of contact for HR-related queries’ from staff and external partners and, HR activities taking place across Wazobia.
- 1. Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- In liaison with Human Resource Manager (HRM), support to ensure all stores within the geographical portfolio are compliant to all applicable retail Policies and HSSE Standards.
- 2. Operational and Service Standards:
- Create the conditions with HRM, District Manager, Store Managers, CEO and other relevant stakeholders that will put the customers at the heart of everything that they do.
- Support to ensure all stores within the geographical portfolio are compliant to the defined minimum Retail Service and Standards as documented in the store audit checklist.
- Support to ensure professional implementation of Wazobia Customer Value propositions
- 3. Performance
- Support in monitoring employee’s performance regularly in partnership with managers.
- Support HRM to track the performance of stores against all associated KPI’s. Accountable for the delivery of the Wazobia stores P&Ls.
- Support HRM to ensure staff are equipped with the right knowledge and a work environment that drives the achievement of business goals.
|Customers First||Support the HRM to ensure Store and Service standards meet at least the minimum requirement with an optimized level of well-trained staff||Collate data on the latest Retail Standards/audit Score for follow up and decision making.
Support to ensure Store Managers have the correct level of staff for the stores.
|Support continuous improvement of customer service standards at all our customer touch points||In liaison with the HRM, engage with managers to ensure service trainings are undertaken for all staffs.
In liaison with HRM, develop and coordinate yearly training calendar and topics.
Facilitate customer service sessions as required.
|Operational Excellence||Recruitment||Run vacancy adverts on various platforms to attract qualified and skilled candidates.
Coordinate interview process from beginning to exit diligently.
|Task Follow up||Active follow up on all open tasks to support effective completion.
Produce staff related reports on a monthly basis.
Complete taxation forms for processing.
|Management information||Staff Management information from recruitment to disengagement and liaising with the necessary departments on staff movements.
Create employee records electronically on the relevant systems.
Undertake files audit as required to inform archiving.
In liaison with HRM, update guiding resources as required.
|Effective and Motivated Teams||Training staff||Conducting orientation and training for new hires as required.
Support to ensure all staff are effectively trained.
|Performance Management||Follow-up to ensure that new staffs complete their 1st month documented performance reviews.
Follow-up on a quarterly basis to ensure all staffs undertake Performance Reviews.
|Compensation & Governance||Compensation||Support staff to ensure right taxation documentation is subitted.
Ensure accuracy of staff payroll data to effect pay.
Track employee work hours using software.
|Staff accountability||Support to ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed by the employees.
As required support with communicating and documenting discipline at work and consequences.
|Continuous improvement||Researching about the new trends and advancements in the human resources field.
Keep up to date with latest HR practices.
|Company representative||Attend social events on behalf of Wazobia and participate in all Wazobia as required.|
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Organizational Behavior or relevant field.
- aPHR certification – preferable.
- Proven +3 years of experience working as a Retail HR Administrator or a similar role in the Retail Department.
Skills and competencies :
- Good knowledge of labor and employment laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Retail HR Software
- Strong understanding of HR functions, methods, strategies, procedures, and policies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Good presentation and consulting abilities.
- Fluent in local business language
- Proficient in English is desirable
- Customer Relationship Management
- Result analysis/Performance
- Setting realistic and clear targets
- Conflict Management & Resolution
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
- Results driven:
- Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
- Planning and organizing:
- Acts in accordance with Values, Principles and standards
- Collaborating with others