- Internal: CEO, District Manager, Country Management Team; Logistics Teams
- External: Customers, Contractors, Suppliers
Function: Support the in the day to day smooth running of the District Manager (DM) role.
- 1. Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- Ensure the Operation office is compliant to all applicable retail Policies and HSSE Standards.
- 2. Operational and Service Standards:
- Create the conditions for the DM and other relevant internal and external stakeholders that will put the customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Support the DM to ensure the stores are compliant to the defined minimum Retail Service and Standards as documented in the store audit checklist.
- Support the DM to ensure professional implementation of Wazobia Customer Value propositions at the Stores and Restaurants.
- 3. Performance
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with Wazobia’s plans and vision.
- Responsible for ensuring the performance of own area against all associated KPI’s.
- Works with DM to collaboratively develop current financial year business plan in order to sustain and grow the profitable future of the store.
|Support the DM to ensure Store and Service standards meet at least the minimum requirement with an optimized level of well-trained staff
|Support store and restaurant management to ensure adherence to standards and closure of audit gaps. Respond to and process work orders (store and restaurant) immediately to achieve rapid response times with the DM. Receive and guide incoming visitors and calls.
|Support the DM to ensure that the store/restaurant always has the highest level of Wazobia marketing activities implemented, e.g. promotions are current, well understood and are implemented as per the brief.
|Task Assignment & Follow up
|Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary. Arrange and co-ordinate meetings, speaking engagements, events. Manage and coordinate DM’s daily schedules and appointments. Providing the DM administrative communication support; includes drafting correspondences- e-mails, memos, letters and proof reading. Transcribe and distribute comprehensive and accurate minutes.
Purchases – manage DM expenses reconciliation. Manage cash incidences such as, overages and shortages. Ensure prompt follow up to ascertain tasks have been completed. Enroll Meat cutters/Kitchen staff and Supervisors for food certification courses.
|Customer Relationship Management
|Ensure own areas’ readiness to serve customers (people, equipment, VI, maintenance, Safety).
Monitor and respond to and distribute incoming communications.
Receive and guide incoming visitors.
|HSSE discussion with site staff + Safe handling of goods
|Support the DM to ensure compliance for all HSSE matters at own area.
Engage and seek the guidance and assistance of the right personnel as required.
|Effective and Motivated Teams
|Training and coaching of Store staff
|Products presentation, packaging training of staff according to set standards.
Dedicating time for coaching and training and development of staff as required.
|Guiding of staff on their individual and collective targets
|Contribute to a culture of rapid turnaround, and extremely high-quality Customer service.
Support staff to fully engaged on relevant targets and provide feedback to them in a structured and professional way about their performance.
- BA in Business Administration, Business Management or relevant discipline
- Diploma/Certificate in first line management or relevant field
- At least 2 years proven experience as Executive/Personal Assistant , Administration or relevant role (in retail industry is an added advantage)
- Proven record of good project management skills.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Significant Retail experience.
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions especially for cashiers, restaurant supports
- Ability to work long shifts.
Skills and competencies :
- Fluent in local business language
- Proficient in English is desirable
- Organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Active listening and good communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Customer Relationship Management
- Standards Office Software (Text/Spreadsheets/e-mail)
- Identify and understand customer’s needs
- Result oriented
- Merchandising, facing
- Food handling and safety
- Setting realistic and clear targets
- Conflict Management
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
- Results driven:
- Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
- Planning, organizing, implementing:
- Tasks and processes driven
- Collaborating with others
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally Written & oral)
- Effective follower of leader and standards