· Internal: Supervisors, Store Manager, Logistics Teams, Supervisors
· External: Customers
|Function: This is a major customer experience and service function at Wazobia.
- Registers sales on a cash register by scanning items, itemizing and totaling customers’ purchases.
- Resolves customer issues and answers questions.
- Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; and operating a cash register.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes change for cash customers.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver’s license number; and operating credit card authorization systems.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
- Bags purchases if needed.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Balancing cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Handling returns and answering questions about merchandise, store policies, and ongoing promotions.
||Activity & Objective
- Improves customer experience through merchandising, facing, providing a clean in-store environment and any other activity necessary for customers to have a great Wazobian experience.
- Provides a positive customer experience with fair, friendly, and courteous service.
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
Operational Excellence & Safety
- Ensures issues are effectively escalated to supervisor and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
|Effective and Motivated Teams
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-1-year retail experience
- Experienced with adjusting schedule, tasks and priorities when necessary to meet business requirements.
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions especially for stackers, restaurant supports
- Ability to work long shifts
Skills and competencies:
|· Fluent in local business language
· Proficient in English is desirable
· Merchandising, facing
· Food handling and safety
· Basic math skills
· Problem solving
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
· Results driven:
· Friendly and positive attitude
· Ability to make change
· Attention to detail
· Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
· Tasks and processes driven
· Collaborating with others
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally. Written & oral)
- Effective follower of leader and standards