Salary:From $12 an hour
Store within a District
Reporting relationship is:
1. Close (i.e.: same office)
- Internal: CEO; District Manager, Store Manager Country Management Team; HR; Finance; Logistics Teams
- External: Customers, Regulatory Authorities, Contractors, Brand partners, Suppliers; Landlords/owners;
Function: This role supports in the Store Managers in their functions as detailed below and ensures they can stand in for Store Managers as well as supervisors where applicable.
1. Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- Ensure the store is compliant to all applicable retail Policies and HSSE Standards.
2. Operational and Service Standards:
- Create the conditions with Store Manager and other relevant stakeholders that will put the customers at the heart of everything that they do at the store.
- Ensure store is compliant to the defined minimum Retail Service and Standards as documented in the store audit checklist.
- Ensure professional implementation of Wazobia Customer Value propositions
- Responsible for ensuring the performance of the store against all associated KPI’s.
|Customers First||Ensure Store and Service standards meet at least the minimum requirement with an optimized level of well-trained staff||Analysis the latest Retail Standards/audit Score. Follow the existing action plans and set new action plans for the next cycle. Ensure the store have the correct level of staff for the stores|
|Marketing||Ensure that the store always has the highest level of Wazobia marketing activities implemented, e.g. promotions are current, well understood and are implemented as per the brief.|
|Competitor Intelligence||Mapping and adapting as necessary to what competitors do in the area.|
|Operational Excellence||Stock reconciliation||Ensure we can account for the stock movements during the month, identifying loss through leaks or short deliveries etc.|
|Task Follow up (previous not closed)||Agree action plan with the supervisors for follow up|
|Customer Relationship Management (CRM)???||Fully use available sources (CRM tool) to assess and measure the store standards and readiness to serve customers. (people, equipment, VI, maintenance, Safety.)|
|HSSE discussion with site staff + Safe handling of goods||Take full responsibility for all HSSE matters at the store. Engage and seek the guidance and assistance of the right personnel as required.|
|Effective and Motivated Teams||Training and coaching of Store staff||Dedicating time for coaching and training of the store staff.|
Guiding of staff on their individual and collective targets
Ensure Store staff are fully engaged on store targets and provide feedback to them in a structured and professional way about their performance.
Ensure staff perform at the required level, are recognised and rewarded as per agreed programs.
- Undergraduate University degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar positions or relevant role.
- Significant Retail experience.
- Proven record of good project management skills.
- Solid food and staples retailing knowledge especially to the African demography
Skills and competencies:
- Fluent in local business language
- Proficient in English is desirable
- Customer Relationship Management
- Stock control and management
- Standards Office Software (Text/Spreadsheets/e-mail)
- Sales follow-up
- Assessing risks in the workplace
- In-store sales
- Identify and understand customer’s needs
- Result oriented
- Commercial negotiation
- Merchandising, facing
- Business Planning
- Result analysis/Performance
- Market Analysis
- Setting realistic and clear targets
- Conflict Management
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
- Results driven:
- Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
- Planning, organizing, implementing:
- Tasks and processes driven
- Collaborating with others
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally. Written & oral)
- Effective follower of leader and standards