Salary:From $12 an hour
Restaurant/Kitchen within a Store / Stand alone
Reporting relationship is:
1. Close (i.e.: same office)
- Internal: District Manager, Restaurant Manager, Store Manager, Supervisors; Finance; Logistics Teams
- External: Customers, Regulatory Authorities, Contractors, Suppliers;
Function: Supports the Restaurant Managers in their function as detailed below.
1. Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- Ensure the restaurant and kitchen is compliant to all applicable policies and food handling and safety standards.
2. Operational and Service Standards:
- Ensures that diners and customers who order have a positive experience with the restaurant and deliveries.
- Work closely with upper management to implement customer service policies and hire employees who reflect Wazobia values.
- Oversee smooth operations during service by assigning staff in the kitchen (back office) as well as the restaurant (front office).
- Responsible for adhering to budgets, placing orders for products and supplies and helping supervisors and other staff complete their job duties during understaffed shifts.
- Ensure restaurant and kitchen is compliant to the defined minimum Retail Service and Standards as documented in the store audit checklist.
- Ensure professional implementation of Wazobia Customer Value propositions
- Responsible for ensuring the performance of restaurant against all associated KPI’s. Accountable for the delivery of the store P&Ls.
- Works with Store Managers to collaboratively develop current financial year business plan in order to sustain and grow the profitable future of the store.
|Customers First||Ensure service standards meet at least the minimum requirement with an optimized level of well-trained staff||Analysis the latest Retail Standards/audit Score. Follow the existing action plans and set new action plans for the next cycle. Ensure the store have the correct level of staff for the stores|
|Marketing||Ensure that the kitchen always has the highest level of Wazobia marketing activities implemented, e.g. promotions are current, well understood and are implemented as per the brief.|
|Stock reconciliation||Ensure we can account for the stock movements during the month, identifying loss through leaks or short deliveries etc.|
|Operational Excellence||Task Follow up (previous not closed)||Agree action plan with the supervisors for follow up|
|Customer Relationship Management||Fully use available sources (CRM tool) to assess and measure the restaurant standards and readiness to serve customers. (people, equipment, VI, maintenance, Safety.)|
|HSSE discussion with site staff + Safe handling of goods||Take full responsibility for all HSSE matters at the restaurant and the kitchen. Engage and seek the guidance and assistance of the right personnel as required.|
|Restaurant Business Plan||Develop a fit for purpose business plan for the restaurant in alignment with Store / District Manager’s recommendations.|
|Effective and Motivated Teams||Training and coaching of staff||Dedicating time for coaching and training of the kitchen and restaurant staff.|
|Guiding of staff on their individual and collective targets||
Ensure restaurant and kitchen staff are fully engaged on store targets and provide feedback to them in a structured and professional way about their performance.
Manage shifts and ensure staff perform at the required level and are recognised and rewarded as per agreed programs
- High school diploma is a basic requirement
- Undergraduate University degree in Business Administration or related field is an added advantage
- Training in food safety
- Experienced and comfortable with working in the kitchen or waiting tables should a busy day require it.
- Prior work as a manager or supervisor
- Experience with long shifts
Skills and competencies:
- Fluent in local business language
- Proficient in English is desirable
- Customer Relationship Management
- Stock control and management
- Standards Office Software (Text/Spreadsheets/e-mail)
- Sales follow-up
- Result oriented
- Merchandising, facing
- Business Planning
- Result analysis/Performance
- Setting realistic and clear targets
- Conflict Management
- Financial literacy
- Ability to keep inventory organized
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
- Results driven:
- Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
- Planning, organizing, implementing:
- Tasks and processes driven
- Collaborating with others
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally. Written & oral)
- Effective follower of leader and standards