· Internal: Cook, Restaurant Manager, Store Manager, Supervisors; Logistics Teams
· External: Customers, Regulatory Authorities, Contractors, Suppliers;
|Function: This role is responsible for executing food preparation in the kitchen i.e. prepares meals and follow establishment recipes as well as support the Head Cook in their function when and where applicable.
- Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE)
- Ensures the kitchen is compliant to all applicable policies and food handling and safety standards.
- Adheres strictly to hygiene protocols.
- Operational and Service Standards:
- Ensures that diners and customers who order have a positive experience with the food.
||Activity & Objective
- Ensuring customer order has the correct food (types and quantity)
- Dressing order for appealing presentation
|Operational Excellence & Safety
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
- Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
- Reordering stock and food supplies as applicable
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
|Effective and Motivated Teams
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicable culinary training (informal or formal)
- Knowledge of (African) culinary trends
- A proven ability to create unique and delicious dishes.
- Previous experience as a busboy, washer, waiter, cook, or relevant work experience
Skills and competencies:
|· Fluent in local business language
· Proficient in English is desirable
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Multitasking, prioritizing, and managing time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Ability to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Customer Oriented
- People & Staff Development
· Results driven:
· Solves Problem and makes timely, quality decisions
· Planning, organizing, implementing:
· Tasks and processes driven
· Collaborating with others
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally. Written & oral)
- Effective follower of leader and standards